Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Feb. 25 Chapel Debrief

Great chapel everyone!

I thought set up went really good today.  Thanks to all of you for helping and being flexible with changing mics, etc. to make it easier to set up.  The stage was even relatively clean (the cables were the most organized I've seen them).  Thanks to Mr. D and Mr. S for their help too.  It sure was fun to do a set of 4 fast songs.... and then Forever Reign was a great way to wrap things up.

Overall, I thought the set went quite well.  The was a lot of audience participation in both the fast songs and the slower song.  For the most part we all knew what we were doing and where we were going with the songs.  The tempos in all of the songs were spot-on.

Keys, your transition from 'I am a Friend of God' to 'Forever Reign' was perfect.  That's exactly what we needed there and I got a lot of positive comments about it.

E. Guitar, good work.  You nailed your solos and you were doing some nice filler licks in some of the songs - very tasteful.  Well done.

Singers, I thought things sounded pretty good.  We sounded strong an confident, I thought, and it was good to see some of you clapping and moving around a bit (when I had a chance).  It was great to hear some of you call out queues and ad lib.

Percussion and bass - well done with the tempos and the fills.  I heard the bass up and down the fret board a couple of times :-)   The drums were solid.  You all provided a great foundation for us.

We'll talk more in our practice tomorrow.  Here's some new songs I'm thinking of....

Let God Arise   Key of E



How Can I Keep From Singing    Key of E

No comments:

Post a Comment