Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chapel Debrief and Going Forward

Well done today!  Going forward, for privacy reasons, I'm going to use your initials in the blog.  I've already updated previous posts for this.

Some super high points that really encouraged me were:
- A.T. sharing - She felt like God was prompting her and volunteered to share on her own!  Way to take initiative, stomp on fear, set an example, and speak from the heart, A.T.!
- E.S. - Being willing to read Psalm 91.  I think the passage I gave you was maybe a bit long.  I'll try to remember to keep it shorter next time.  Also for being willing to go for it with harmonies.  Several people told me how good it was to have more than one fellow singing on the team.
- D.W. and A.T. - Keyboards on Freedom Reigns and How Great were fantastic.  You two provided a great background for the verses in those songs.
- C.Z., M.W., and O.F. - You guys provided a great foundation for the band and remembered every build and transition.  Well done!  You even remember the 'C' at the end of How Great!
- T.F., A.V., K.M., E.S., and A.T. - I heard several comments that we had a great vocal blend going - are harmonies were strong in Freedom Reigns and Beautiful One.  Super job!  It was so cool to look over at you all singing and see you just going for it.  I wish I could've take a picture to show you....
- K.M. - for giving your blood for the cause (don't know if you all saw her finger or the guitar, but she was so focused on what she was doing, she practically strummed her finger off)

K.M.'s blood spatter from strumming

Overall,  great job everyone!
Mr. Schneider's feedback:  "I was very impressed with how your team got the audience engaged.  Great Leadership!"

Some things we can keep in mind to improve on for next time:
- I did a lot of the leading today (calling out where we were going, etc.)  I was trying to set an example for you all as that is what I'd like to see whoever is leading the song doing in the future doing - try and make it pretty obvious to us as well as the school what the next transition is.  I know you sort of have to be a bit more outgoing than maybe you normally are.  It's OK to push yourself like that though.  I know it's hard to remember to clap... :-)
- I thought we actually did a bang-up job of planning the set.  I think I dropped the ball with what we were going to do when we were done.  I should have prayed to closed things off.  I was sort of 'whew, we did it' and lost in that thought.  :-)  Feel free to help me plan the 'non-singing' parts of the set and suggest areas where you can get involved!
- I knew I mess up the words somewhere.  Sorry about that.  My apologies A.V.!  At least I gave you all fair warning.  
- We need to get better at set-up.  This will probably be a work in progress all year.  It would be good if each person took responsibility to understand all the set-up required for the electronics they personally use.  I still don't have it down yet - it's a learning curve for me too.  I'd just encourage you to try to understand the setup as much as you can, when you can.

Going forward:
We should be doing chapel in about 3 weeks from today.  There are two new songs in the next set list, and two that we've done already.  Please get practiced up on the new ones.  We'll work on making the old ones better.  The setlist for our next Chapel will be:
- Undignified
- I Found a Love

- Beautiful One

- Freedom Reigns

No comments:

Post a Comment