Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May 13th Chapel Debrief

Great job today in Chapel everyone.  Setup went quite well I think.  I was very happy with our first 4 songs today.  M.W - guitar was excellent in Let God Arise.  You had a great patch for that song and they turned you up nicely  :-)   A.W.  you sounded great on keys in I Am Free.   C.Z. drums were great in those first two songs.  Solid.  K.M. - your acoustic playing sounded great in the second verse of I Am Free.  I did hear the congas a couple of times and they sounded very tastefully done, J.N.  Vocals were also great on the first two songs.  I'm not sure which song it was, but I heard G.F. doing some ad-lib in a part where we don't usually sing and it sounded quite good - well done!

I was happy with how Our God Is Love turned out.  I kinda wish the bass was turned up a bit more, I'm sure you were totally jamming out, O.F.  Vocally I felt a bit tentative in that song as I know we didn't have all our melody 'lilts' together, but overall, I think we pulled it together fairly well in 3 weeks.  J.N. you rocked it.  

God Is Able was great.  I am very comfortable playing that song with you all.  Great solo work M.W. and nice job on the tambourine C.Z - you have no idea how much of a different that one simple instrument makes.  

Unfortunately, right at the end of God is Able I broke a string that I really needed to cover my guitar part in Made Me Glad.  That also put my guitar out of tune somewhat.  Given that situation and the time it was (which I didn't realize until later), perhaps we should have nixed that song.  As they say though, hindsight is 20/20, and I'm glad we were able to give it a shot.  

It's been great working, worshipping, sharing, and playing with all of you this year.  I have some great memories of our times together in practice and in chapel.  I hope you all had a good experience this year as well and grew musically and spiritually over the course of our times together.   Thanks for your patience with me  :-)


Songs we did this year (almost 2 dozen!):
- You are Good (Bethel)
- You Are Good (I. H.)
- You Are Good (Planetshakers)
- Everyone Praises
- Amazing Love (You are my king)
- I Found a Love
- Healing is in Your Hands
- Your Grace is Enough
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- Joy Unspeakable Joy
- Here I Am to Worship
- This is Amazing Grace
- God is Able
- Forever Reign
- I Called, You Answered (In My Life, be Lifted High)
- How Great is Our God
- Sing, Sing, Sing
- Open the Eyes of My Heart
- Beautiful
- Let God Arise
- I Am Free
- He Reigns (we didn't do this one, but we could have)
- Our God is Love
- Made Me Glad

No comments:

Post a Comment