Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April 15 Chapel Debrief and new Songs

Great job, everyone!  That was a lot of fun.  I have to say that I was a bit skeptical about doing an acoustic, all worship chapel.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out...  But God can take our willing hearts and do some pretty cool things.  We just have to be willing to serve.  Thank you to all of you for being willing to serve and follow even when you aren't sure of the outcome.

I put several of you on the spot (I'm thinking specifically of A.W. on keys, E.S. for reading, and G.F. for singing) and I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.  Thanks for you patience and grace - A.W. in particular.  I should have give you a chord sheet for that song 'Lord My Desire' we did right at the beginning of the set.

From my perspective, God used our willing hearts to do 'abundantly above what we could have asked for or thought.'  I felt really good about how chapel went.  Agreed, it wasn't perfect.  But I felt like our hearts were there and engaged, along with the hearts of most everyone else in the room.  I probably gave you all a bit of a start with the way we began 'This is Amazing Grace'.  Thanks for being flexible.  :-)  I should have given you all a heads up about that as well.  I apologize.

A.W. - while I did put you in a tight spot at the beginning, you played brilliantly for the rest of chapel.  You backed us all up with either a nice organ or pad sound and gave us that filler that we needed.  M.W. and O.F - you two did great as well, feeling the groove out in the songs and the interludes between the songs.  J.N. and C.Z - you two were great at being sensitive with playing percussion.  I know that wasn't easy and likely wouldn't be the first choice of what you'd play in a band, but you both stepped up and did great.  Singers - I loved watching you relaxing and getting into the songs.  That was special.  Thanks for paying attention to the queue calls and being willing to step out and 'naturally' harmonize and free worship.  F.B. - thanks for reading for us!

I hope you all had as good a time as I had today.  I'll remember today's chapel for a long while.


New Songs for our next Chapel will include:

Let God Arise              Key of E

I Am Free                    Key of A

He Reigns                    Key of D

God is Able                 Key of E

Came to My Rescue    Key of G

No comments:

Post a Comment