Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Oct. 8 Chapel Debrief

Well, that was an adventure!  I was thinking afterwards that it was - in a way - a great object lesson for all of us on the team of what Mr. Schneider talked about.  We were going into that worship set 'dark' from a sound check perspective.  I didn't know how things were going to go.  It wasn't a very comfortable feeling.  It gives us an opportunity to trust God.

You all did great!  You are real troupers.  I can only imagine the thoughts that were going through your heads this morning leading up to playing/singing.   When the time came though, you focused on the task at hand - you were intent on doing the best you could do.  You pressed in, through all the distractions, stress, and concerns... and you worshipped.  I couldn't be prouder of each of you.

What did you learn today?  Did God speak to you in any way during that experience?  Did you learn something about yourself (or did God show you something about yourself) through it?  If so, write it down somewhere (in a journal if you have one).  Don't forget it.  These are good experiences.

*****        *****        *****        *****        *****        *****        *****

More technically speaking.....
Electric Guitar - (not me), I'm so glad you were practiced up and prepared, as everyone mostly heard you in the mains.  And you did great.  That should be a substantial confidence builder for you  :-).

Singers - Great job.  I was actually a big surprised that we were able to keep the intensity of the music going in the fast songs.  I also heard you calling out queues - nice!  Several people mentioned to me how strong you all sounded together.  Well done.  Also I saw at least a couple of you enter into worship, lifting your hands.  And then when we entered into a bit of spontaneous worship after Amazing Love...  Right On!  That is where it's at.

Percussion - Well done guys!  I know that was a bit of a challenge with the sound situation.  The congas and the cymbal rolls sounded great.  Nice spontaneous work on the set in Everyone after the bridge.  It was almost like we planned it that way.

Keys - I heard the organ and it sounded great in the fast songs.  I missed the keys in Amazing Love because of the mix, so I can't really tell you how they sounded there.  :-)

Bass & Acoustic Guitars -Similar to keys, when I heard you it sounded great.  I loved how we worked together in the slow, more spontaneous times.  It felt very natural and 'right'.

Looking forward to talking more about this tomorrow and working on some new songs!  Be encouraged, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment