Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Dec. 3rd Chapel Debrief

Well, in a word that was awesome!  The fact that almost all of you showed up for set up and we were able to run through 2 songs before the service on a weather day like today was fantastic!  Thank your parents for me, please.  I know that might have been a bit of a stressful drive to school in the drifts and the dark.  Thanks also to the team members who helped set up chairs at the beginning - I know that isn't your job, but we were a great help while we waited for the stage doors to get unlocked.  Also thanks to everyone who helped pack up at the end.  It warms my heart to see all your servant hearts <3

As for the set, I thought it went quite well.  We've been asked to do both Undignified and The Happy Song in a future chapel!   Our song choices went quite well with the rest of the service.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share this time.  However, I thought that we nailed all of our 'queues' through the songs with the exception of one (the build of the choruses 2nd time through in I Exalt Thee - but no big deal there).  Whoever had the idea to do 2 choruses of Joy, Unspeakable Joy back to back and have the second one as vocals only.... brilliant!  If anyone in the audience found their attention drifting at that point, I guarantee it was snapped right back as our transition to vocals there was spot on.  All you singers - you are such natural vocal blenders.  This is a great skill to have. Both acapella parts in the last two songs sounded great.  I also thought that we balanced our unison singing versus our harmony singing well.

Instrumentalists - great job.  As I'm a little busy during the songs, I don't hear everything.  But what I did hear of your individual parts sounded great - and I did hear each of you at some point or other.  Nice job Mr. D for filling in with us on bass!  Great job instrumentalists, on the 'big endings'!  I love those and we did them well. 

Did you girls put the Santa hats on during Joy?  I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice.

Other than that, I'd love to hear some of your feedback on Thursday. 

Songs in the hopper to start getting familiar with:

I Found a Love

Nothing is Impossible
This song rocks.  Drums and Guitar - it will be a challenge for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment